A couple questions

Apr 29, 2013 at 1:00 AM
Wow... I saw your article about this on Code Project and I couldn't believe it. I have been working on a similar project for about a year. MC Server Controller on SourceForge

I was wondering a couple things:

1) What the license for this project? I was wondering this to see if I can use any of your code in my project.
2) Why WinForms? Why not WPF?
3) Do you want any help? I am not really sure what I would be able to do, but I think your project looks very interesting.

Thanks,

James
Apr 29, 2013 at 1:04 AM
Oh... If I had looked at all the website, I could have figured out the answer to my first one... Click the license tab...
Coordinator
Apr 29, 2013 at 7:47 AM
Hi!

Glad you like it!

1) I have to say, while this is open source and free for you to use, I would be somewhat upset if you decided just to take all the code and use it for a rival application - not exactly friendly... but if you wish to contribute to this project then I'd be more than happy for you to join the team!

2) I went with WinForms because I was more comfortable with it. I started this 2 years back when I was 15 and was just doing it for a few friends so UI didn't matter. No doubt a WPF version would improve the look of it but I don't have time to teach myself it and port the whole project over!

3) Yeah! I'm sure there is something you can do (or contribute your own ideas! :) )

Thanks!
Ed
Apr 29, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Awesome!

Just let me know if you have anything specific you want me to do.

Thanks,
James